Previous Vessel Next Vessel Back to NSS Fleet List New Zealand Maritime Museum

Northern Steam Ship Company

TERRANORA     1898 - 1914

TERRANORA  1898 - 1914 Photograph: Auckland War Memorial Museum
TERRANORA leaving Auckland with a large excursion crowd on board.
Photograph: Auckland War Memorial Museum

 

Built:

1878

Builder:

D. & W. Henderson, Glasgow

Official Number:

75005

Tonnage:

350 gross

Type:

Paddle steamer

Entered Fleet:

1898

Left Fleet:

1914

Career:

1878 built for Colonial Sugar Refining Co. of Sydney, N.S.W..
1890 sold to M. Gallagher, N.Z. & A. Cassidy, N.S.W..
1891 sold to T. Bayly of Waitara for trading on the Taranaki Coast.
1892 taken over by the Government for cable laying.
1896 sold to F. Black, Wellington
1898 brought to Auckland, listed as owned by E.G.R. Ford. Put on the Thames run in opposition to the Northern Company. After a brief fight, she passed into Northern Company ownership.
1906 converted to hulk at Auckland.
1914 May 23rd scuttled in Hauraki Gulf.

Click Here for information on how to order a photograph

Previous Vessel Next Vessel Back to NSS Fleet List NZ Maritime Museum

Copyright(c) NZMM 2017