Previous Vessel Next Vessel Back to NSS Fleet List New Zealand Maritime Museum

Northern Steam Ship Company

WAIPU     1916 - 1935

WAIPU  1916 - 1935 Photograph: New Zealand National Maritime Museum

Photograph: New Zealand National Maritime Museum

 

Built:

1916

Builder:

J. McGregor, Dunedin

Official Number:

136865

Tonnage:

205 gross

Type:

Steamer

Entered Fleet:

1916

Left Fleet:

1935

Career:

1916 built for Northern Steam Ship Company.
1935 sold to K.D.V. Boxes.
1936 owned by M.S. Scott, Auckland. Converted to motorship and renamed HOKITIKA.
1936 sold to Eclipse Shipping Company, Auckland.
1941 sold to Anchor Shipping & Foundry Company of Nelson.
1942 sold to N.Z. Government for U.S. Navy employment in the Pacific.
1945 sold to Aspden Shipping Co. Ltd., Auckland for use as a cement carrier.
1954 sold to E. Savoie of Noumea and renamed COLORADO DEL MAR.
1954 sold to Establisements Ballande, Santu, New Hebrides and renamed HAVANNAH.
1959 sold to Wide Bay Syndicate, Maryborough, Australia.
1960 sold to Blue Pacific Charter Pty of Brisbane and renamed BLUE PACIFIC.
1965 sold to H.C. Williams of Rarotonga and renamed HAVANNAH.
No further news. Please Email us if you can have more information.

Click Here for information on how to order a photograph

Previous Vessel Next Vessel Back to NSS Fleet List NZ Maritime Museum

Copyright(c) NZMM 2017